Once the decision is made to use the services of a consultant, the choice must be made as to whom to bring on board. The Stewardship For Us Team brings these qualities and attributes to serve your needs and to develop your capacities. No other stewardship consulting group brings this mix of shared values, focus on long-term health and sustainability, and a team approach.
- We are Unitarian Universalists
- We Value History
- Our Approach to Stewardship is Grounded in Experience, Tailored to Your Needs
- We Bring the Best Tools and Practices
- We are as Interested in the Future of Your Congregation as Are You
We are Unitarian Universalists
- We are active Unitarian Universalists leaders and donors in our own congregations
- We are informed by and operate by the Unitarian Universalist 7 Principles
- We are in covenant with the Unitarian Universalist Association
- We are knowledgeable about District, Regional, and UUA staff and resources
We Value History
- We honor your stewardship efforts before we arrived
- We appreciate the generous forebears that gifted the congregation to you
- We help recover past strategies that did not but could work in the future
- We draw on over 25 years of stewardship consulting experience, involving hundreds of congregations
Our Approach to Stewardship is Grounded in Experience, Tailored to Your Needs
- Our approach is based upon a values-based, pastoral, and community-based focus
- Our approach is not cookie-cutter. We tailor best practices to your congregation
- We know the your members’ challenges, and the benefits they gain in stewardship
- We are stewardship culture growing consultants. We are not hard-sell fund-raisers
- We know that stewardship grows with a loving and caring approach
- We understand congregations holistically and work holistically. This includes addressing all elements that affect stewardship and are affected by stewardship.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Congregational Polity
- Social Justice
- Environmental Stewardship
- Lifespan Spiritual Growth for All Ages
- Community Connections
- Leader Development
- Property and Grounds
- Membership Dynamics
We Bring the Best Tools and Practices
- We understand the power and limits of technology and social media
- We help develop programs that reach multiple generations, using multiple tools
- We have best practices for congregations of all sizes, in all settings
- We bring many best practices, examples, and success/caution stories to share
- We know the trends in stewardship –UU, other denominations, non-profits, and philanthropy,
We are as Interested in the Future of Your Congregation as Are You:
- We are capacity-building consultants. Our goal is for you to be better able to envision, plan, and implement stewardship after our engagement has ended.
- We help grow a culture of generosity, gaining the most commitments attainable
- We help prepare you for coming campaigns.
- We are concerned with your stewardship after a special campaign is over.
- We help find options for new revenue streams beyond traditional approaches
- We keep up with new directions in UU congregations, such as satellites or branches, yoked congregations, interfaith work, and clustered congregations; and we understand the impact of these on stewardship
Stewardship is about what you are trying to become as a community. We can help you articulate that vision, bring it to fruition, and sustain it.